Git ignore

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Git ignore

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sherlock
    Participant

I’m playing around with mainly STM32 devices like Nucleo boards and so on, and can see what looks like support/binary files and so on appearing as changed while I work on simple projects.

The Git ignore for the small repo I’m using is the one for Visual Studio (I work mainly with .Net) and this is likely the reason.

So what is the preferred git ignore file for a new repo dedicated to Visual GDB projects?

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

In general, ignoring the .vs, .visualgdb and build subdirectories should work for most project types, however you may need to ignore additional file types depending on your project type. You can find the detailed description of different project  types and related files here.

If you encounter file types that are not covered by the documentation, feel free to let us know and we will update it accordingly.

Sherlock
    Participant

Hi, thanks this is helpful, for my immediate purposes I’m using MSBuild projects and nothing more.

I created a new repo and used the Github Visual Studio ignore, then added this:

# VisualGDB MSBuild Projects
    .vs/
    .visualgdb/
    VisualGDB/

Does this seem OK? might there be anything additional to consider?

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Please refer to the following page for a detailed description of MSBuild project files: https://visualgdb.com/documentation/projects/msbuild/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.