gdbserver missing error

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB gdbserver missing error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lashmuelE
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m using VisualGDB version 5.6
    Today when i press the F5 button to start debugging i got a dialog with error message that gdbserver is missing and if i want the package manager can create it.
    i did not use the gdbsrver at target so far so where the VisualGDB take it? until today it all works fine and nothing in the project settings changed and believe in the build machine as well
    Please advise
    Best
    Shmuel

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB tries to use gdbserver if the project is built on one machine and deployed to another one. You can double-check it on the first page of VisualGDB Project Properties.

lashmuelE
    Participant

Hello
    The VisualGDb indeed build on one machine and deployed to another machine but until yesterday i did not use gdbserver on the deployed machine.
    do i need to copy  the gdbserver to the deployed machine? why the VisualGDb did not request it until few days ago?
    Best
    Shmuel

lashmuelE
    Participant

i copied gdbserver to the deployed machine (same directory where the executable file) and still get the same error message

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It could be related to paths or missing libraries on the target. You can use the View->Other Windows->VisualGDB Diagnostics Console window to see the exact gdbserver command line used by VisualGDB (e.g. cd <directory> && gdbserver <…>).

Then, try running it remotely via SSH from another machine:

ssh <username>@<deployment machine> <gdbserver command line>

If you get a similar error, please double-check that the executable is compatible with the target and included in the PATH.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.