Gdb session error

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualKernel Gdb session error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Yeledkaka
    Participant

The first time i start debugging after i open my sln project, everything works and i manage to debug using gdb session.

But after that, when i try to debug again, i get an error saying some “pane” is missing

This all started happening after i enabled advanced memory view accidently and opened a normal visual studio memory view (ctrl alt m 1), and dragged it to another monitor.

before that every thing was fine.

How can i disable/reset the the visual kernel advanced memory view, it seems to be some global setting since it now happens to my other projects)

Can add .net stack trace since the gdb trace has no errors in it.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please make sure you use an unmodified installer of VisualKernel downloaded from our website.

If it still doesn’t work, please let us know the email address associated with your license key so that we could check your support status.

Yeledkaka
    Participant

i’m currently testing with the trial version to see if our project can be ported to use visual kernel makefile instead of what we have now (shell script)

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: pane
    at Microsoft.Requires.NotNull[T](T value, String parameterName)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.ToolWindowCollection.ToolWindowListener.SubscribeForEvents(ToolWindowPane pane)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.ToolWindowCollection.ToolWindowListener.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<<-ctor>b__0>d.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Threading.AwaitExtensions.ExecuteContinuationSynchronouslyAwaiter`1.GetResult()</code>
    <code> at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Threading.AsyncLazy`1.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<<GetValueAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Threading.AsyncLazy`1.GetValue(CancellationToken cancellationToken)</code>
    <code> at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.FindToolWindow(Type toolWindowType, Int32 id, Boolean create, ProvideToolWindowAttribute tool)</code>
    <code> at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.FindToolWindow(Type toolWindowType, Int32 id, Boolean create)</code>
    <code> at vl.y(qw a)</code>
    <code> at qw.j1()</code>
    <code> at qw2.r.a()</code>
    <code> at qw2.s1`1.b()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at qw2.l1[_Type](c2`1 a)
    at qw2.y2(ThreadStart a)
    at qw.o1_2()
    at VisualGDB.GDBDebugEngine.w(zh1 b, o a)

support
    Keymaster

According to our records, your trial has expired, hence VisualKernel stopped working. If you would like to get technical support, please consider purchasing a license and make sure you use an unmodified VisuaKernel installer. Please note that creating a new email address and a forum account does not automatically grant additional technical support.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.