FreeRtos 10.2.1 and GnuToolchain ARM GCC 12.3.1

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB FreeRtos 10.2.1 and GnuToolchain ARM GCC 12.3.1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    julieninnovel
    Participant

Hello,

I don’t know if there is the good section for this question, but I try…

So, I have a VisualGDB project with an STM32F745 using FreeRTOS 10.2.1 and the Gnu ToolChain ARM with GCC 10.3.1.

All is working, I can debug, run my application, and do what I whant.

I have upgrade the Gnu ToolChain ARM with the latest version of GCC 12.3.1 delivred by VisualGDB.

Since this, with the same sources codes, my app working only 55ms…

After that, if I go in debug mode, my app still in Idle task… Like if all my tasks was suppressed or something like that.

I’ve tryed with the SEGGER viewer to check, and I found no task running.

I’ve also check and corrected all potential warning (in level Pedantic), but it’s the same.

Any one have any ideas ?

If I go back to the previous GCC 10.3.1, all is working fine. It’s a solution, but I would like to understand what is the difference and why I have this kind of probleme.

Thank to all for your help

Julien

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Different GCC versions use slightly different optimization logic, so it’s fairly common for a GCC update to trigger previously dormant bugs in the code.

You can try using the new Live Tracing functionality in VisualGDB 6.0 – it can record various function calls on both old and new versions of the firmware into trace files, where you can compare them side-by-side. It won’t directly show the root cause, but it will point to the moment in time when the behavior starts being different.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.