Fixing -rpath-link issues with cross-compilers

Sysprogs forums Forums Other tools & products Fixing -rpath-link issues with cross-compilers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    frankc
    Participant

<div>I was wondering if your approach of creating the<span style=”font-family: Thread-00000bb8-Id-00000252;”> ld.so.conf</span> file in the correct folder</div>
    <div>could be used to solve the problem where I am trying to build an ArmV6 executable</div>
    <div>in our Ubuntu 16.04 instance containing both a recently downloaded ARM v6</div>
    <div>arm-linux-gnueabi-g++-4.6.3 compiler and preinstalled(i.e LiveCD Ubuntu 16.04 iso)</div>
    <div>ARM v7 arm-linux-gnueabi-g++-5.3.1 compiler which does not</div>
    <div>SIGSEGV when it is “pscp-ed” and executed in the /home/pi folder of my Raspian</div>
    <div>ARMv6 Wheezy emulator mounted on an SD card. Here are the bash command line</div>
    <div>statememts I used to build this problematic executable:</div>
    <div>1. arm-linux-gnueabi-g++-4.6.3 -o Program.o -g -DLINUX -fPIC -c Program.cpp</div>
    <div>2. arm-linux-gnueabi-ld-4.6.3 -o Program.exe</div>
    <div>-L /home/frank/tools/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi  -lgcc_s -L /home/frank/tools/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi -lc</div>
    <div>When I run strace on command line statement #2, I noticed that I am</div>
    <div>picking up stray unintended Ubuntu 16.04 instance Armv7 libraries and object files</div>
    <div>in the /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi  folder. Could that possibly cause a</div>
    <div>SIGSEGV? May I ask the best way to build an ARMv6 executable in my</div>
    <div>heterogenous ARMv6-g++ and ARMv7-g++ compiler situation which does segfault when copied and</div>
    <div>executed on the Raspian Wheezy emulator? Thank you.</div>

frankc
    Participant

Please ignore my previous post.
    I was wondering if your approach of creating the ld.so.conf  file in the correct folder
    could be used to solve the problem where I am trying to build an ArmV6 executable
    in our Ubuntu 16.04 instance containing both a recently downloaded ARM v6
    arm-linux-gnueabi-g++-4.6.3 compiler and preinstalled(i.e LiveCD Ubuntu 16.04 iso)
    ARM v7 arm-linux-gnueabi-g++-5.3.1 compiler which does not
    SIGSEGV when it is “pscp-ed” and executed in the /home/pi folder of my Raspian
    ARMv6 Wheezy emulator mounted on an SD card. Here are the bash command line
    statements I used to build this problematic executable:
    1. arm-linux-gnueabi-g++-4.6.3 -o Program.o -g -DLINUX -fPIC -c Program.cpp
    2. arm-linux-gnueabi-ld-4.6.3 -o Program.exe
    -L /home/frank/tools/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi  -lgcc_s -L /home/frank/tools/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi -lc
    When I run strace on command line statement #2, I noticed that I am
    picking up unintended Ubuntu 16.04 instance Armv7 libraries and object files
    in the /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi  folder. Could that or something else I did cause a
    SIGSEGV? May I ask the best way to  compile and link an ARMv6 executable in my
    heterogenous ARMv6-g++ and ARMv7-g++ compiler situation which does not segfault when copied and
    executed on the Raspian Wheezy emulator? Thank you

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.