Feature request, Support CMAKE Embedded projects without the Cmake bsp commands

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Feature request, Support CMAKE Embedded projects without the Cmake bsp commands

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    st-user
    Participant

Hi

I really like the new feature of using Embedded Cmake projects. However I already have many projects that are just based off modern cmake and use the add_library and add_executable commands extensively.

When I don’t have a BSP statement I receive this error code:

No find_bsp statements in E:/Project/CMakeLists.txt
    at rm.z(go2 b, CMakeTargetReference& c, String d, Boolean a)
    at rm.e1(CMakeTargetReference c, CMakeTargetReference b, CMakeTargetReference a)
    at k..ctor(ii1 a, EmbeddedProjectSubsystemSettings b, c51 c)
    at kb1.a_2(ii1 a, c51 b)
    at pv2..ctor(VisualGDBProjectSettings2 b, w23 e, xj a, m1 d, c51 c, IDELevelProjectInfoForBuilding f)
    at cn.n2(IDELevelProjectInfoForBuilding a)
    at cn.a3(cn1 a)
    at cn.e6(l6 b, Int32 a)

As you can see this is annnoying and I just want to be able to import my projects that I already have completed using CMake. You guys are 99% there to making me a happy customer and this would be the icing on the cake to have this feature.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. This is already supported by selecting the “Import Existing Project” mode in the VisualGDB Embedded Project Wizard. We have just published a detailed tutorial showing this scenario: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/cmake/import/

Please also feel free to try the following build: VisualGDB-5.5.100.3843.msi. It contains various optimizations to the importing process (e.g. the wizard will now use relative paths and will allow skipping toolchain file generation).

Let us know if you encounter any issues with this workflow and we will be happy to make VisualGDB better.

st-user
    Participant

Thanks, I will give it a try

st-user
    Participant

Works great, thanks guys!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.