Fatal error when creating new nRF52 project

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Fatal error when creating new nRF52 project

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bojanpotocnik
    Participant

Hello,

When I try to create new nRF52 project, I always get this error on the last step (when the project should actually be created):

VisualGDB Error: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: hierarchy

Any ideas? Are there any logs available?

Thank you for your help,
    Bojan

bojanpotocnik
    Participant

I realized I haven’t had latest version of VisualGDB. With latest version, I get more verbose error output:

VisualGDB version: 5.2.12.1241
    ------------------ System.ArgumentNullException ------------------
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: hierarchy
     at JetBrains.VsIntegration.ProjectModel.VsHierarchyEx.GetRootItem(IVsHierarchy hierarchy)
     at JetBrains.VsIntegration.IDE.VsSolutionEventsTracker.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsSolutionEvents.OnBeforeUnloadProject(IVsHierarchy pRealHierarchy, IVsHierarchy pStubHierarchy)
     at EnvDTE.SolutionClass.AddFromTemplate(String FileName, String Destination, String ProjectName, Boolean Exclusive)
     at jn.d_2(Solution c, String a, String e, String b, Boolean d)
     at kh.i(String b, String a)
     at VisualGDB.Wizard.Embedded.EmbeddedProjectWizardImpl.a_2(ti b, String c, String a)
     at d31`1.Execute(Object c, Int32 e, Object[]& d, Object[]& a, wizardResult& b)
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This looks like a resharper bug (see the Jetbrains frames in the stack). Please try contacting their support or disable it for the duration of the project creation.

bojanpotocnik
    Participant

You are correct, I have disabled ReSharper extension during the installation and then instead of this error I was sent to your tutorial Installing Visual C++ Support – at that time I remembered I did not install Visual C++ support.

After installing Visual C++ Support, I have enabled ReSharper plugin again and the project creation worked.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It looks like ReSharper goes in the way of showing the pop-up message and opening the Installing Visual C++ Support webpage.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.