Failed to create a breakpoint -break-insert:Garbage following

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Failed to create a breakpoint -break-insert:Garbage following

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jlendel
    Participant

Hi all.

I reinstalled Visual Studio (2017 community) with newly purchased VisualGDB and I get this weird error when I try to add any breakpoint. I did not change anything, it’s bog standard clean install. It used to work before the reinstall. Does anyone know how do I resolve this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

No problem. Please try capturing a diagnostic gdb log as shown here. It should explain what is going on. If it doesn’t help, please attach the log here and we will help you get it to work.

jlendel
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out. I looks that the breakpoints don’t work if there is a space in the project path. It worked before, I always ignored the warning that VisGDB gave me, but it stopped working after reinstall.

support
    Keymaster

Good to know it works. Most likely, the breakpoints worked with a different configuration (e.g. when running gdb on the target where the paths would be different).

Either way, VisualGDB should normally show a warning about spaces in paths. If not, feel free to let us know more about how you created the project and we will double-check why the warning was not displayed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.