Failed to clone NRFConnect SDK

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Failed to clone NRFConnect SDK

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SdB
    Participant

Moin,

I tried to create a project using the new NRFConnectSDK support with VisualGDB 5.5  Preview 7, build 3666. Unfortunately the creation failed during cloning of the NRFConnectSDK (see log file content below).

Does the SDK support require a certain version of Python to be installed? Could you please give me a hint about the possible root cause of the error?

Best regards,

Stefan

Log file content:

Run “C:\SysGCC\NRFConnectSDK\v1.2.0\python-env\scripts\python.exe -m pip install west” in directory “” on local computer
    ————————–
    DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 reached the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 is no longer maintained. pip 21.0 will drop support for Python 2.7 in January 2021. More details about Python 2 support in pip, can be found at https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/development/release-process/#python-2-support
    ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement west (from versions: none)
    ERROR: No matching distribution found for west
    ————————–
    Command exited with code 1

SdB
    Participant

Nevermind, I was not aware that VisualGDB uses its own python environment. I found the old python package 2.7 in the package manager, removed it and installed python 3.7. Now I’m able to create a NRFConnectSDK based project.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good to know it works. VisualGDB can indeed install a Python environment that was tested on our side with the nRFConnect SDK and should work out-of-the-box (see step #7 of our NRFConnect tutorial). In case of any Python-related problems, we suggest resetting the environment as shown on this page.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.