fail to download openOCD

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB fail to download openOCD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vkoeni
    Participant

I usually use a Segger J-Link with WinGDB and Visual studio and this works.

But now I wanted to try a ST-Link V2. For that I tried to set up a VS-project. When I select “use St-Link” VisualGDB wants me to install openOCD but fails like:

VisualGDB version: 5.5.105.4124
    ------------------ an2+a1 ------------------
    an2+a1: Some packages could not be installed:
    The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
    Please check the error log for more details.
    at an2.u.b(jb a)
    at VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.ItemizedProgressWindow.<>c__DisplayClass2_0`1.<RunAction>b__0()
    trace=[an2+u.b:235, VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.ItemizedProgressWindow+<>c__DisplayClass2_0`1.<RunAction>b__0:0]

I know that I could in the past never download anything inside of  WinGDB, probably because of company security policy and probably missing lots of possible functionality because of that. Is there another way to download that openOCD and is there a description how to do that and where to install it and which version to use?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure, you can download various packages manually here and install them via Tools->VisualGDB->Manage VisualGDB Packages.

BTW, if your corporate network uses a proxy server and denies direct connections, you can configure VisualGDB accordingly via Tools->Options->VisualGDB->General->Other->Proxy Server.

vkoeni
    Participant

ok, downloaded https://sysprogs.com/getfile/1747/openocd-20211118-0.11.0.vgdbxedp

after that I got an error in when setting up a project for ST-Link or OpenOCD like

System.TypeLoadException: Der Typ “BSPEngine.ICustomDebugMethodConfigurator2” in der Assembly “BSPEngine, Version=5.5.105.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8f764369eb712693” konnte nicht geladen werden.
    at OpenOCDPackage.OpenOCDDebugController.CreateConfigurator(LoadedDebugMethod method, IBSPConfiguratorHost host)
    at VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.DebugMethodSettingsControl.Controller.BoundDebugMethod.ProvideConfiguratorOrThrow(IBSPConfiguratorHost host)
    at VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.DebugMethodSettingsControl.Controller.UpdateSelectedConfigurator(Boolean suppressPropertyChangeHandlers, MethodOrDeviceItemBase value, MethodOrDeviceItemBase prevValue)

Then I also downloaded stm32mp1-20200113-0.10.0.vgdbxedp
    When I try to install that with “Manage VisualGDB Packages/Install a package from file”, an error “Unknown package signature” with the details:
    VisualGDB version: 5.5.105.4124
    —————— System.Exception ——————
    System.Exception: Unknown package file signature
    at an2.j(String f, String a, Boolean d, k b, jb c, y e)
    at an2.t(String a, a b, jb c)
    at an2.j1.b(jb a)
    at VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.ItemizedProgressWindow.<>c__DisplayClass2_0`1.<RunAction>b__0()</em>
    <em> trace=[an2.j:984, an2.t:68, an2+j1.b:0, VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.ItemizedProgressWindow+<>c__DisplayClass2_0`1.<RunAction>b__0:0]

pops up.

What can be done?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This happens because you are using the latest packages with an old version of VisualGDB. Please update to the latest VisualGDB 5.6 and it should work out-of-the-box.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.