Exception Handling for Linux

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Exception Handling for Linux

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    pedley
    Participant

Please excuse a fairly basic question by a refugee from Windows C#, needing to program a control system in C++ on a Raspberry Pi. I am evaluating VGDB, using VGDB on VS2012 under Win7 with the cross-compiler and then running on the Pi. After a bit of a struggle, everything appears to be working OK.

This is probably as much a question about GDB than VGDB but I shall appreciate any help available.

As one of the first basic steps I am trying to test a custom exception handler to be used throughout the system. (V)GDB appears to issue a signal and stops execution whenever a system exception occurs and control flow never reaches the C++ exception handler, even after clicking ‘Continue’. What I need is for the program to handle all exceptions it is capable of catching without interruption ie using the c++ catch {} rather than stopping on signals.

How to achieve this with VGDB, please (basic steps will be appreciated)? I presumably have a full version for evaluation. Will these steps be available from the Linux version?

Help much appreciated.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Normally “continue” should work. If it does not, please try clicking the “signals” tool button in the GDB Session window. This will open a GDB-specific dialog with GDB signals allowing you to change their handling. If this does not help, please let us know a specific signal that is not working and send us a full GDB log (obtained by enabling debug logging on the GDB Settings page of VisualGDB Project Properties).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.