ESP8266 RTOS configTICK_RATE_HZ not working?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP8266 RTOS configTICK_RATE_HZ not working?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    TvdVen
    Participant

Hello,

I’m using VisualGDB and the included RTOS SDK with an ESP8266. Today I was playing around with #define configTICK_RATE_HZ, which should reflect the number of ticks per second that RTOS runs at.
    However, changing it appears ineffective, as calling vTaskDelay(100) always delays for about 1 second, implying that the tick rate has remained at the default 100 Hz.
    I’ve tried values of 10, 100, 200 and 1000.

The way I’ve tested this is very basic, just by starting a task and calling vTaskDelay(100) in a loop and then printf’ing.

According to the comment at the top of FreeRTOSConfig.h, where configTICK_RATE_HZ is define, the version is FreeRTOS V7.5.2.
    This should be the version of the most recent VisualGDB ESP8266 toolchain, which I have kept up-to-date with newer versions.

Any idea why changing this #define isn’t having any effect?

Regards

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by TvdVen.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by TvdVen.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This might be happening because the FreeRTOS in the ESP8266 SDK is pre-compiled and hence won’t be updated, although there might be some workaround. Either way, please double-check this with Espressif, as they are the vendor of the SDK and know its internals better than we do.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.