ESP8266 and XT-OCD Settings

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP8266 and XT-OCD Settings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nevyn
    Participant

I have tried to set up a project for the ESP8266 using the “getting started” tutorial and I’m having problems communicating with my programmer/debugger.

I have the Olimex ARM-USB-TINY-H JTAG programmer.  I have used zdiag to install the WinUSB drivers.  Note I have also tried the other two drivers as well.  Device manager is showing that the programmer is recognised.

Operating system is Windows 10 and I’m using Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition with VisualGDB 5.

Visual Studio tells me that there is an error loading a module:

Loading module “gdbstub” v2.0.0.11
    ERROR 3.26: Error loading module ft2232 (126):
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Tensilica\Xtensa OCD Daemon 11.0.2-development\modules\ft2232.dl l : The specified module could not be found.

I have also tried to talk to the programmer from an Administrator console prompt (trying to elimate and amny possible issues as possible) issuing the command

xt-ocd –query probes

and I see similar output to that reported by Visual Studio, namely:

XOCD 11.0.2-development (c) 1999-2015 Tensilica Inc. All rights reserved.
    [Debug Log 2015-09-05 10:17:16]
    Loading module “gdbstub” v2.0.0.11
    Loading module “catapult” v2.0.0.13
    Loading module “jtag” v2.0.0.20
    Loading module “macraigor” v2.0.0.5
    ERROR 3.26: Error loading module ft2232 (126):
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Tensilica\Xtensa OCD Daemon 11.0.2-development\modules\ft2232.dll : The specified module could not be found.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Tensilica\Xtensa OCD Daemon 11.0.2-development\..\lib\ocd\ft2232.dll : The specified module could not be found.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Tensilica\Xtensa OCD Daemon 11.0.2-development\ft2232.dll : The specified module could not be found.

Does anyone have any advice only Google is being unhelpful in this matter.

Regards,
    Mark

nevyn
    Participant

Process Monitor to the rescue…

XT-OCD was trying to locate the file FTD2xx.dll which was not on the path.  Moving the file sorted that error.

Now on to the next error…

Regards,

Mark

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good to know you got it to work. Let us know if you encounter further problems.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.