ESP32 Wrover kit JTAG

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP32 Wrover kit JTAG

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rapzak
    Participant

Hi,

What JTAG settings do i have to use for the Wrover board ??

It is the FDTI jtag… Does i program through JTAG or another serial link in the chip?

I have issue getting it working.

I have tried set the driver to winusb or libusb as well

/Kasper

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

FTDI JTAG uses the JTAG interface to program the SPI FLASH. Normally you only need the set the driver to either WinUSB or LibUSB (both refer to the same driver, but sometimes one of them fails to install). Note that OpenOCD will try using both interfaces of the USB device that will result in an ACCESS_DENIED or a similar error even if the settings are correct and the second interface can be opened successfully. Although it should not affect programming/debugging, it could be misleading.

If you still cannot get debugging to work, feel free to post your OpenOCD log here and we will check it for common issues.

rapzak
    Participant

Hi,

I got it working… but it was some long way…

I have used the <span style=”font-family: Courier New;”>tumpa.cfg but i have also written some arround in it, maybe not nescesary…</span>

But first when i got it to work i needed to set both interfaces to winusb driver.

Then it was working but interface 1 could i not be used as serial port.

But after i updated/installed correct ftdi bus driver, if i remember correct i set both interfaces to winusb.

But in device manger for channel B in proberties/advanced tab i couls select load VCP.

Then i now can downlaod through JTAG and read debug info on UART trough interface 1 UART.

Next step is it seems not to stop on HW breakpoints.

/Kasper

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

ESP32 has only 2 hardware breakpoints, so you may simply run out of them. You can use the “info breakpoints” command to quickly check how many breakpoints are currently set.

rapzak
    Participant

I have only added 2 by myself…

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s hard to say why the breakpoints would not work. ESP32 and ESP8266 is generally very unreliable and some other settings may be interfering with the breakpoints. Our best advice would be to try setting them in different locations and try to see what causes them to fail (e.g. code in RAM/FLASH or code executed during startup).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.