ESP32 Tutorial Issue

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP32 Tutorial Issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sidprice
    Participant

I am trying to follow the ESP32 tutorial, I have a SparkFun Thing and STLink V2 debug pod. When I get to the “Debug Mthod” page of the new project wizard it detects my STlink pod but I get the following errors when I test the settings:

C:\SysGCC\esp32\esp32-bsp\OpenOCD\bin\openocd.exe -f interface/stlink-v2.cfg -f target/esp32.cfg
    Open On-Chip Debugger 0.9.0 (2016-11-21)
    Licensed under GNU GPL v2
    For bug reports, read
    http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
    Info : auto-selecting first available session transport “hla_swd”. To override use ‘transport select <transport>’.
    embedded:startup.tcl:162: Error: session transport is “hla_swd” but your config requires JTAG
    in procedure ‘script’
    at file “embedded:startup.tcl”, line 60
    in procedure ‘jtag’ called at file “target/esp32.cfg”, line 65
    in procedure ‘default_to_jtag’ called at file “embedded:startup.tcl”, line 167
    at file “embedded:startup.tcl”, line 162

Looks like the transport selection is incorrect, but I do not see how to change it?

Sid

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, the ST-Link debug probes only work with ARM devices and only via SWD. For ESP8266/ESP32 you would need something more low-level that supports JTAG. We recommend Olimex ARM-USB-OCD-H and have explicitly tested our ESP32 board with it.

sidprice
    Participant

Does JLink pod work? I have one of those I will try.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have tested it with ESP8266, but not explicitly with ESP32. So normally it should work, but we would not give a 100% guarantee on that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.