ESP32 secure boot

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP32 secure boot

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lumi
    Participant

Hi,

I tried the “Require signed app images”, “Sign binaries during build” options in my project, and entered in my private signing key in my ESP-IDF v3.2 project.

Now I get an error tying to build/clean/etc, even after removing the options and reloading the project:

(..)\esp-idf\v3.2\components\bootloader_support\Makefile.projbuild(1): error : target pattern contains no ‘%’.  Stop.

I switched to IDF 3.1 and still the same. Running make in the terminal works fine (and signs the app)

Using 5.4 Preview 10, build 2594

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This might be caused by an invalid combination of tools used to build the project (e.g. using a non-Cygwin Make executable with Makefiles generated in the Cygwin environment, or vice versa).

Please check the VisualGDB build log (via View->Output) for the exact command line used by VisualGDB to build the project. Then try running it manually.

If that exact command line results in an error, but running Make from terminal works, please review the differences between the manual environment and the command pasted from the build log (e.g. ESP-IDF location, PATH, etc). Most likely some environment variable, sdkconfig setting or command-line flag is triggering the problem.

lumi
    Participant

Hi,

Manual running causes the same error. My sdkconfig files are the same (I copied sdkconfig to sdkconfig-debug to be sure). What else should I look at for my environment knowing I cleaned/rebuilt a few times just before enabling the signed app options?

—— Clean started: Project: ProjectName, Configuration: Debug VisualGDB ——
    VisualGDB: Run “C:\Users\username\Source\SysGCC\usr\bin\bash.exe –login -c “export IDF_PATH=/esp-idf/v3.2 && export BATCH_BUILD=1 && export PATH=/mingw32/bin:$PATH && export -n PYTHONHOME && export LANG=en_US && cd /C/Users/username/Source/Firmware/ProjectName/ProjectName && make clean BUILD_DIR_BASE=’/C/Users/username/Source/Firmware/ProjectName/ProjectName/Debug’ SDKCONFIG=’/C/Users/username/Source/Firmware/ProjectName/ProjectName/sdkconfig-debug’ V=0″” in directory “” on local computer
    /esp-idf/v3.2/make/project.mk:139: SRCDIRS variable is deprecated. These paths can be added to EXTRA_COMPONENT_DIRS or COMPONENT_DIRS instead.
    including /esp-idf/v3.2/components/app_update/Makefile.projbuild…
    including /esp-idf/v3.2/components/bootloader/Makefile.projbuild…
    including /esp-idf/v3.2/components/bootloader_support/Makefile.projbuild…
    C:\Users\username\Source\SysGCC\esp-idf\v3.2\components\bootloader_support\Makefile.projbuild(1): error : target pattern contains no ‘%’.  Stop.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

If building the project manually (after a full clean) still results in an error, please try creating a new project from scratch (or cloning one of the sample projects) and try building it as well. If the newly created project builds, please analyze the differences between it and your project (configuration files, Makefiles, command-line arguments), or try combining different parts of the 2 projects to see which part triggers the problem.

lumi
    Participant

Thanks, I should have thought of that.

The blink project worked, so I committed my project’s changes, deleted and cloned it back. Now it’s working again, thank you!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good to know it works. If you encounter any further problems, don’t hesitate to start another thread.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.