ESP32-IDF missing components in overview

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP32-IDF missing components in overview

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    julianr
    Participant

Currently my project contains three components. One of them is missing in the project overview (see the attached picture). The project itself compiles fine and I can use the library, I just don’t see it in the list.

I don’t know if it makes a difference but the component (etl) is a header only library. I also attached the CMakeLists.txt file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, it’s hard to suggest anything specific without knowing the exact steps to reproduce the problem.

Please describe the steps required to reproduce it, starting from creating a new project (see this page) and we should be able to suggest what is going on.

julianr
    Participant

Here are the steps to reproduce the issue (based on VisualGDB version 5.5 preview 1 build 3294):

1. Create a new ESP32 IDF project (I selected hello world as basis)
    2. rename the main folder to e.g. src
    3. add the renamed folder to the top most CMakeList.txt (add the line set(EXTRA_COMPONENT_DIRS “src”))
    4. click Reload CMake Project
    5. add two components with source and header file
    6. click Reload CMake Project
    7. select the src as main component
    8. add a third component with only header files (no “set(COMPONENT_SRCS )” inside the components CMakeList.txt)
    9. click Reload CMake Project
    10. The third component is not displayed

I attached a minimal sample project which shows this behavior.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the repro. We have added this to our investigation queue, however due to the current amount of investigated issues and their priorities, it may take 2-4 weeks to fully process this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.