ESP32 Error Cahnging ESP/IDF Checkout

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP32 Error Cahnging ESP/IDF Checkout

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ZeroWorks
    Participant

This morning I received an toolchain update for ESP32 (8.4.0/8.1.0/r7). Once applied the ESP/IDF checkout has stop working. I deleted esp folder and Visual GDB downloaded all again: toolchain and ESP/IDF but it didn’t worked.

If I go to project properties and try to manually select an ESP/IDF checkout an error it’s raised:

VisualGDB version: 5.6.102.4506
    —————— System.InvalidOperationException ——————
    System.InvalidOperationException: Error en el documento XML (8, 5). —> System.Xml.XmlException: La etiqueta de apertura ‘IDFCheckoutDatabase’ en la línea 2 posición 2 no coincide con la etiqueta de cierre de ‘Checkouts’. línea 8, posición 5.
    en System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    en System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
    en System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
    en System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
    en Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderIDFCheckoutDatabase.Read4_IDFCheckoutDatabase(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
    en Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderIDFCheckoutDatabase.Read5_IDFCheckoutDatabase()
    — Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la excepción interna —
    en System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
    en System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
    en BSPEngine.XmlTools.LoadObject[_Ty](String xmlFile, Type[] extraTypes)
    en VisualGDB.WPF.Embedded.IDFCheckoutSelector.ControllerImpl.AddNewCheckout(IDFCheckout newCheckout)
    en VisualGDB.WPF.Embedded.IDFCheckoutSelector.ControllerImpl.LocateCheckout()
    trace=[System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize:284, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize:21, BSPEngine.XmlTools.LoadObject:49, VisualGDB.WPF.Embedded.IDFCheckoutSelector+ControllerImpl.AddNewCheckout:33, VisualGDB.WPF.Embedded.IDFCheckoutSelector+ControllerImpl.LocateCheckout:308]
    —————— Inner exception ——————
    —————— System.Xml.XmlException ——————
    System.Xml.XmlException: La etiqueta de apertura ‘IDFCheckoutDatabase’ en la línea 2 posición 2 no coincide con la etiqueta de cierre de ‘Checkouts’. línea 8, posición 5.
    en System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    en System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
    en System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
    en System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
    en Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderIDFCheckoutDatabase.Read4_IDFCheckoutDatabase(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
    en Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderIDFCheckoutDatabase.Read5_IDFCheckoutDatabase()
    trace=[System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw:39, System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch:158, System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement:0, System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent:329, Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderIDFCheckoutDatabase.Read4_IDFCheckoutDatabase:694, Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderIDFCheckoutDatabase.Read5_IDFCheckoutDatabase:80]

I tried to revert to previous version but unfortunaelly it didn’t work.

Also I’ve reinstalled VisualGDB.

So I guess there’s a problem with a XML file.

Could you help me please?

ZeroWorks
    Participant

I’ve found the problem…In  …\sysGCC\esp32 folder the file IDFCheckouts.xml is invalid:

<?xml version=”1.0″?>
    <IDFCheckoutDatabase xmlns:xsi=”http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance&#8221; xmlns:xsd=”http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema”&gt;
    <IDFCheckout>
    <Version>v4.3.2</Version>
    <Subdirectory>esp-idf/v4.3.2</Subdirectory>
    <Type>ESPIDF</Type>
    </IDFCheckout>
    </Checkouts>
    </IDFCheckoutDatabase>

Checkouts is not opened but closed… I’ve added <Checkouts> and then I can manually select ESP/IDF version. Maybe there’s a problem with XML Writer.

Thank you!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry about that, this indeed looks like the earlier version of the toolchain got cached incorrectly. Adding the missing <Checkouts> tag will indeed fully solve the problem. We have also updated the cache on our side, so that other users will get the correct toolchain with the valid XML file.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.