ESP32 C3 support

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP32 C3 support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mattia
    Participant

Hello,

at the moment I’m using VisualGDB 5.5R4 build 3920. With this revision, the ESP32-C3 doesn’t seem to be supported. Do you plan to support this chip?

Thank you,

Mattia Berton

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

VisualGDB 5.6 Beta 3 already supports it, as long as you our latest ESP32 toolchain, ESP-IDF 4.3 and the most recent OpenOCD package.

mattia
    Participant

Hello,

I have tried to make Jtag work on my board, but I haven’t been able. I can attach to ESP32, ESP32-S2, ESP8266, but with ESP32-C3 I put target/ESP32C3.cfg but I get the classic error as if I didn’t attach the JTAG adapter to the board.

I checked my project, and I’m sure pin are attached to the correct IOs of ESP32C3. Is there any particular procedure to make JTAG work in ESP32-C3? I’m not using, at this moment, the USB/JTAG, only the classic JTAG.

Thank you,

Mattia Berton

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have just received the ESP32-C3 hardware and finished running tests on it. Indeed, using the external JTAG pins doesnt’ seem to work at all. However, the built-in USB-to-JTAG engine works just fine. We have published a tutorial showing how to use it here and also contacted Espressif for clarifications on the external JTAG support.

Update: we just received clarifications from Espressif on this issue. Debugging ESP32-C3 with an external JTAG probe requires additional setups steps described in this thread. However, using the built-in JTAG engine should be much easier.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by support. Reason: reflected update from Espressif
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.