ESP32 5.2.0 R13 Toolchain Problems

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP32 5.2.0 R13 Toolchain Problems

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  support 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nevyn
    Participant

I have a project that was building fine with the R12 toolset.  I have just restarted VS and it has informed me that R13 is available.  So I have just upgraded to R13 and now the project refuses to build.

I installed the R13 update (not side-by-side) and then restarted Visual Studio 2017.

I was greeted by an error message that stated that the R12 toolchain could not be found and so I opted to use the new R13 toolchain.  I am now getting the following error:

I have tried cleaning the solution and reloading the project and also restarting Visual Studio 2017.  Nothing seems to work.
    I have also tried to create a new project using the R13 toolchain, the project type was ESP32 -> Peripherals -> UART Events and I am receiving the following error for this:

Any thoughts on how I can resolve this?
    Regards
    Mark

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  nevyn.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  support. Reason: formatting

nevyn
    Participant

Solved this by removing the ESP32 toolchain, installing latest preview and then installing the ESP32 toolchain once more.

Regards
    Mark

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Indeed the new toolchain in based on a different environment (MSYS2 vs Cygwin) and hence requires VisualGDB 5.4 Preview 6 or later in order to work correctly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.