ESP32 5.2.0 R13 Toolchain Problems

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP32 5.2.0 R13 Toolchain Problems

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nevyn
    Participant

I have a project that was building fine with the R12 toolset.  I have just restarted VS and it has informed me that R13 is available.  So I have just upgraded to R13 and now the project refuses to build.

I installed the R13 update (not side-by-side) and then restarted Visual Studio 2017.

I was greeted by an error message that stated that the R12 toolchain could not be found and so I opted to use the new R13 toolchain.  I am now getting the following error:

Checking if any source files need uploading...
     C:\SysGCC\esp32\usr\bin\bash.exe --login -c "export IDF_PATH=/esp-idf/v3.1 && export BATCH_BUILD=1 && export PATH=/mingw32/bin:$PATH && export LANG=en_US && cd /cygdrive/c/GitHub/Meadow-ESP32/Source/MeadowComms && make partition_table BUILD_DIR_BASE='/cygdrive/c/GitHub/Meadow-ESP32/Source/MeadowComms/VisualGDBCache/MeadowComms-Debug-VisualGDB/CodeSenseDir' SDKCONFIG='/cygdrive/c/GitHub/Meadow-ESP32/Source/MeadowComms/VisualGDBCache/MeadowComms-Debug-VisualGDB/sdkconfig' V=0 && make -n -k BUILD_DIR_BASE='/cygdrive/c/GitHub/Meadow-ESP32/Source/MeadowComms/VisualGDBCache/MeadowComms-Debug-VisualGDB/CodeSenseDir' SDKCONFIG='/cygdrive/c/GitHub/Meadow-ESP32/Source/MeadowComms/VisualGDBCache/MeadowComms-Debug-VisualGDB/sdkconfig' V=0"
     Saved the code model to C:\GitHub\Meadow-ESP32\Source\MeadowComms\VisualGDBCache\MeadowComms-Debug-VisualGDB\BuildCommandLines.txt
     System.Exception: ESP-IDF build log did not report any built executables
     at z51.l.a_2(IEnumerable`1 a)
     at l2.j_2()
     at lk1.f()

I have tried cleaning the solution and reloading the project and also restarting Visual Studio 2017.  Nothing seems to work.
    I have also tried to create a new project using the R13 toolchain, the project type was ESP32 -> Peripherals -> UART Events and I am receiving the following error for this:

Checking if any source files need uploading...
     Missing C:\GitHub\MeadowComms\sdkconfig-debug. Running C:\SysGCC\esp32\usr\bin\bash.exe --login -c "export IDF_PATH=/esp-idf/v3.1 && export BATCH_BUILD=1 && export PATH=/mingw32/bin:$PATH && export LANG=en_US && cd /cygdrive/c/GitHub/MeadowComms && make defconfig BUILD_DIR_BASE='/cygdrive/c/GitHub/MeadowComms/VisualGDBCache/MeadowComms-Debug-VisualGDB/CodeSenseDir' SDKCONFIG='/cygdrive/c/GitHub/MeadowComms/sdkconfig-debug' V=0"...
     l12: Command-line action failed
     at l91.m4(CommandLineAction d, String f, eb e, CommandFlags c, String b, Boolean a)
     at l91.b3(CustomActionBase e, eb c, Boolean b, String d, Boolean a)
     at z51.l.i_2(nc a)
     at l2.c(String a)
     at l2.j_2()
     at lk1.f()

Any thoughts on how I can resolve this?
    Regards
    Mark

• This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by nevyn.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by support. Reason: formatting
    nevyn
    Participant

Solved this by removing the ESP32 toolchain, installing latest preview and then installing the ESP32 toolchain once more.

Regards
    Mark

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Indeed the new toolchain in based on a different environment (MSYS2 vs Cygwin) and hence requires VisualGDB 5.4 Preview 6 or later in order to work correctly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.