ESP-IDF C++ problem

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB ESP-IDF C++ problem

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    edwin
    Participant

I am trying the tutorial from https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/esp32/wrover/ 

But when I change the project file to C++ I get errors.

How can I solved that?

I have tried on VS2017 and VS2019.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

It looks like some of the ESP-IDF headers or sample sources might not be fully compatible with C++. As this code comes directly from Espressif and is not maintained by us, unfortunately we cannot guarantee that it will be fully compatible with C++, however we can suggest a way to troubleshoot it.

Please try locating the first error in the build log (View->Output). It is likely responsible for many of the other errors and fixing it will reduce the amount of the remaining errors. Depending on the exact error, you might be able to fix it by wrapping some headers with extern “C” or using #define directives to rename some fields in case their names collide with C++ keywords.

Feel free to post the build log here and we might be able to share a few more hints on fixing this.

edwin
    Participant

Yes, checked the header files.

I was missing one.

Now “Blink” example seems to be working, but more complex UART example still not.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most likely, some headers or definitions are still missing. Unfortunately, as you haven’t posted the build log, it’s hard to suggest anything more specific, so please try following the steps from our previous reply again in order to narrow this down.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.