Errors when using esp-idf v4.2

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Errors when using esp-idf v4.2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dreeke
    Participant

Hi,

I have successfully created, build and debugged the blink example on my own hardware. So far so good 🙂

I have upgraded esp-idf to the latest release, v4.2, by means of VisualGDB itself.

I tried to do the same as before. The creation of the example project (blink again) gives errors:

CMake Error at C:/Users/ara/AppData/Local/VisualGDB/CMake/share/cmake-3.15/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:60 (message):
    The C compiler

"C:/SysGCC/esp32/opt/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe"

is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: W:/esp/test3/EmbeddedProject2/EmbeddedProject2/build/VisualGDB/Debug/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command(s):C:/Program Files (x86)/Sysprogs/VisualGDB/ninja.exe cmTC_71f92 && [1/2] Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_71f92.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj
    [2/2] Linking C executable cmTC_71f92
    FAILED: cmTC_71f92
    cmd.exe /C "cd . && C:\SysGCC\esp32\opt\xtensa-esp32-elf\bin\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc.exe -mlongcalls -Wno-frame-address CMakeFiles/cmTC_71f92.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj -o cmTC_71f92 && cd ."
    c:/sysgcc/esp32/opt/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/5.2.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: cannot find crt1-sim.o: No such file or directory
    c:/sysgcc/esp32/opt/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/5.2.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: cannot find _vectors.o: No such file or directory
    c:/sysgcc/esp32/opt/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/5.2.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lsim
    c:/sysgcc/esp32/opt/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/5.2.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lhandlers-sim
    c:/sysgcc/esp32/opt/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/5.2.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lhal
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.

I guess that some files are missing… how should I get it working?

Dreeke
    Participant

I found my error. The point is mentioned here: https://visualgdb.com/documentation/espidf/#buildproblems

I fetched a version from Github which is not the way to go. I have followed the instructions and installed the latest version from here: https://gnutoolchains.com/esp32/

That solved this problem 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.