error when updating the header files in IntelliSense

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB error when updating the header files in IntelliSense

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  support 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #9475

    viktor
    Participant

    after clicking of a button “Reload all directories” on tab “Reload all directories”, i get an error.
    but the third attempt, it works.

    error

    пс. version 5.2 (Preview 1)

    #9481

    support
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    This looks like a bug. Could you try removing the %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\RemoteSourceCache\192.168.1.27 directory and reloading the directories? If the problem is reproduced, could you send us your .vgdbsettings file and the .vxcproj file so that we could try reproducing it on our side?

    #9509

    viktor
    Participant

    i removed %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\RemoteSourceCache\192.168.1.27 directory.
    Now “Reload all directories” button does nothing.

    and the list now looks like this

    I’m sorry. I just have not found a single normal server to upload files. that’s the most appropriate resource from all found.
    *.vcxproj *.vgdbsettings in zip
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=88890733846688223942

    #9534

    support
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Thanks for the project file. Unfortunately we still could not reproduce this as it seems to be caused by the layout of include directories on your remote machine.

    Please try the steps below to diagnose this further:

    1. Go to the CMake Project Settings page and change the ‘cflags’ or ‘preprocessor macros’ field (e.g. add a new dummy macro).
    2. Press “Apply” to trigger retesting of the toolchain and reloading of directories. This should do a clean rebuild of the previously deleted directory under RemoteSourceCache.
    3. Go to the IntelliSense Settings page and try reloading the directories. If the problem persists, please send us the updated project/.vgdbsettings file and a snapshot of the RemoteSourceCache\192.168.1.27 directory. This should help us reproduce this and understand why the problem happens.
    #9539

    viktor
    Participant

    cflags change to no avail.
    I created a new project.

    http://rgho.st/8fYNfbM2X

    #9607

    support
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Sorry, we still could not reproduce this. Looks like it is caused by the directory layout on your Linux machine. We have added some extra logging to the latest VisualGDB 5.2R4.

    Please try downloading it, then open View->Other Windows->VisualGDB Diagnostics Console and reproduce the problem. Once the problem is reproduced, please attach the diagnostic log contents here so that we could pinpoint this.

    #9725

    viktor
    Participant
    #9726

    viktor
    Participant

    I have replaced all the characters single quote in the double-quote character.

    • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  viktor.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  viktor.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  viktor.
    #9738

    support
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Thanks, looks like the /usr/include/c++/4.8/x86_64-suse-linux/32 path on your Linux machine is a circular symlink. Please try removing it and sync the directories again.

    #9741

    viktor
    Participant

    remove 2 symlink
    /usr/include/c++/5/x86_64-suse-linux/32
    /usr/include/c++/4.8/x86_64-suse-linux/32

    working.
    but I suspect that in time I’ll regret it. SUSE is a piece of shit who does not like such decisions.

    #9763

    support
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Sorry, something things are buggy. We do have plans for a better file synchronization engine that will detect such cases, but it’s hard to say whether it makes it to v5.3, as it is a fairly complex feature and such bugs are relatively rare.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.