error on installation

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion error on installation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    NCR
    Participant

Hi!,

i was trying to install VisualDDK on a Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 machine with DDK 3790.1830 and Visual Studio Pro 2005 and i received this message during the installation process:

Setting up VisualDDK…

DDKDebugger-dbg.dll registration failed: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL ‘DDKDebugger-dbg.dll’: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
    at VisualDDKSetup.DDKDebuggerDbgDLL.DllRegisterServer()
    at VisualDDKSetup.DDKDebuggerDbgDLL.Register() in E:PROJECTScvsedmixedVisualDDKVisualDDKSetupInstallDialog.cs:line 488
    at VisualDDKSetup.InstallDialog.RegisterUnregisterDLL(IDllRegister reg, String Name, Boolean& Failed, Boolean Register) in E:PROJECTScvsedmixedVisualDDKVisualDDKSetupInstallDialog.cs:line 66

First, i want to know what that means and second i would like to know how to fix it.

Thanks in advanced!.

Guid
    Participant

I have the same problem.
    DDKDebugger-dbg.dll is used to make a VisualDDK bug report only, isn’t it?

NCR
    Participant

i have no idea for what that dll is used for (i think some related with the debugger :P). now i’m able to create a project using VS and VisualDDK but i had to install the WDK. this error i reported still happens when i select the “reconfigure visualddk” i didn’t find a solution yet, may be some one in this forum can give us some help.

CU!.

Gazook
    Participant

Hi, i`ll get the same problem.

After some investigation i`ve found, that COM-server DDKDebugger.dll requires Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Redistributable Package. So, just install redist from official site and do not check “Register debug version of DDKDebugger.dll …” in the second page of VisualDDK Setup Wizard. Debugging version of DDKDebugger.dll requires debugging version of redist, which installs only with Visual Studio 2008.

Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.