error creating arduino project

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB error creating arduino project

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SergeyGly
    Participant

When creating a new project, it shows an error window. What am I doing wrong?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by SergeyGly.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Look like something on your computer is preventing VisualGDB from running the Arduino builder properly.

Please double-check that your antivirus is not blocking the following file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\Arduino\arduino-builder.exe

If it doesn’t help, please open View->Other Windows->VisualGDB Diagnostics Console, reproduce the problem and share the log from the console.

SergeyGly
    Participant

Thanks for answer.

I not have Antivirus.

LOG:

C:\Program Files\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\Arduino\arduino-builder.exe -compile -logger=machine -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -build-path C:\Users\Work\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp2003.tmp\Build -code-model-file C:\Users\Work\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp2003.tmp\CodeModel.json -hardware “C:/Program Files/Arduino/hardware” -hardware C:/Users/Work/AppData/Local/arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware -hardware C:\Users\Work\AppData\Local/Arduino15/packages -tools “C:/Program Files/Arduino/tools-builder” -tools C:\Users\Work\AppData\Local/Arduino15/packages -built-in-libraries “C:/Program Files/Arduino/libraries” -libraries C:\Users\Work\Documents/Arduino/Libraries sketch.ino
    Updating COM port list…: 10 msec
    Unexpected exception: Failed to query Arduino code model
    —————— System.Exception ——————
    System.Exception: Failed to query Arduino code model
    at mm1.a.b(qw a)
    at VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.ItemizedProgressWindow.<>c__DisplayClass1_2`1.<RunAction>b__0()
    Unexpected exception: Exception of type ‘mi2’ was thrown.
    —————— mi2 ——————
    mi2: Exception of type ‘mi2’ was thrown.
    at e52.s1[_Type](q`1 a)
    at zf.z1.e_2[_ResultType](bl1`1 d, String c, ja2 b, String[] a)
    at mm1.b(String a)
    at VisualGDB.WPF.Wizards.Embedded.Arduino.ArduinoPlatformPage.ControllerImpl.CommitPage(z commitMode)
    at VisualGDB.WPF.Wizards.WPFWizardWindow.ControllerImpl.TryPrepareAndCommitPagesUntil(Int32 pageIndex)

SergeyGly
    Participant

More LOG:

C:\Program Files\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\Arduino\arduino-builder.exe -compile -logger=machine -fqbn=avr:1.6.23:nano -build-path C:\Users\Work\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp7014.tmp\Build -code-model-file C:\Users\Work\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp7014.tmp\CodeModel.json -hardware “C:\Program Files\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\Arduino/hardware” -hardware C:/Users/Work/AppData/Local/arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware -hardware C:\Users\Work\AppData\Local/Arduino15/packages -tools “C:\Program Files\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\Arduino/tools-builder” -tools C:\Users\Work\AppData\Local/Arduino15/packages -libraries C:\Users\Work\Documents/Arduino/Libraries sketch.ino
    Updating COM port list…: 18 msec
    Unexpected exception: Could not find file ‘C:\Users\Work\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp7014.tmp\CodeModel.json’.
    —————— System.IO.FileNotFoundException ——————
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ‘C:\Users\Work\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp7014.tmp\CodeModel.json’.
    File name: ‘C:\Users\Work\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp7014.tmp\CodeModel.json’
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.File.ReadAllText(String path)
    at mm1.a.b(qw a)
    at VisualGDB.Common_GUI.WPF.ItemizedProgressWindow.<>c__DisplayClass1_2`1.<RunAction>b__0()
    Updating COM port list…: 12 msec
    Unexpected exception: Exception of type ‘mi2’ was thrown.
    —————— mi2 ——————
    mi2: Exception of type ‘mi2’ was thrown.
    at e52.s1[_Type](q`1 a)
    at zf.z1.e_2[_ResultType](bl1`1 d, String c, ja2 b, String[] a)
    at mm1.b(String a)
    at VisualGDB.WPF.Wizards.Embedded.Arduino.ArduinoPlatformPage.ControllerImpl.CommitPage(z commitMode)
    at VisualGDB.WPF.Wizards.WPFWizardWindow.ControllerImpl.TryPrepareAndCommitPagesUntil(Int32 pageIndex)

SergeyGly
    Participant

When I run the program in the console, I see the following message:
    The version of “C: \ Program Files \ Sysprogs \ VisualGDB \ Arduino \ arduino-builder.exe” is not compatible with the version of Windows running on this computer. Check your system information to find out which version of x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) you need, and get it from your software vendor.

I haw Windows 7 32bit

support
    Keymaster

Thanks, looks like we indeed shipped the 64-bit version of the Arduino builder instead of the 32-bit one. We have fixed it in this build: VisualGDB-5.4.103.2813.msi

SergeyGly
    Participant

Thank. After the update, I created an arduino project.

But when compiling produces an error :

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error [Clang IntelliSense] Error: ‘Arduino.h’ file not found Miscellaneous Files D:\Sergey\Ard\ArduinoProject4\ArduinoProject4\VisualGDBCache\ArduinoProject4-Debug-Arduino_Nano\GeneratedPrototypes.h 3

I changed different settings and probably got confused.

Help please set up Tools->VisualDGB->Arduino setting.

Attachments:
    support
    Keymaster

Please try deleting the %LOCALAPPDATA%\VisualGDB\ArduinoSettings.xml file to reset all Arduino-related settings.

If this doesn’t help, please also delete the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Arduino15 folder and let VisualGDB re-download the necessary packages.

SergeyGly
    Participant

Thank.

Creating a new and import project arduino works.

But with projects arduino ESP8266-WeMos there are problems.

A new project (Blink) with ESP8266-WeMos is created and works without problems.

An imported project with ESP8266 is created with errors.

Attachments:
    SergeyGly
    Participant

Visual Studio 2015 + Windows 7 x32 – project with ESP8266 is imported with problems.

Visual Studio 2017 + Windows 10 x64 – project with ESP8266 is imported without problems.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by SergeyGly.
    support
    Keymaster

Perhaps some of the native ESP8266 tools also only work on 64-bit targets? Please try building the failing project manually from the Arduino IDE. Does it build successfully?

If yes, please try comparing the Arduino-builder command lines from VisualGDB and the Arduino IDE (you can use Process Monitor to find out the command line used by the Arduino IDE). Let us know if you notice any differences and we will help you configure VisualGDB to work around them.

SergeyGly
    Participant

Hello.
    I found what was the reason.
    I read in the OUT window that I have not installed the Arduino library.
    After I downloaded this library, the project was successfully assembled and programmed into the ESP8266 module.

thanks for the help. I apologize for that.

I was just scared that the project manager did not have all the files except the INO-file.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by SergeyGly.
    support
    Keymaster

Good to know it works. If you encounter further issues, don’t hesitate to get back to us.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.