Error compiling ProfilerDriver_STM32_HAL.cpp

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Error compiling ProfilerDriver_STM32_HAL.cpp

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gordon01
    Participant

I’m using the latest version of VisualGDB (-r12) and immediately after adding “Fast Semihosting and Embedded Profiler” I cannot compile the project.

The compiler says:

1>ProfilerDriver_STM32_HAL.cpp
    1>C:/Users/waviot-research/AppData/Local/VisualGDB/EmbeddedEFPs/Profiler/ProfilerDriver_STM32_HAL.cpp: In function ‘void UpdateProfilerTimerFrequency()’:
    1>C:\Users\waviot-research\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedEFPs\Profiler\ProfilerDriver_STM32_HAL.cpp(108,31): error : ‘struct TIM_Base_InitTypeDef’ has no member named ‘RepetitionCounter’
    1> s_SamplingProfilerTimer.Init.RepetitionCounter = 0;
    1> ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1>Сборка проекта “AQUA3.vcxproj” завершена с ошибкой.

If I comment out the 108s line of “ProfilerDriver_STM32_HAL.cpp” everything seems to be fine but that looks wrong.

Gordon01
    Participant

Additions: I was used version 1.1 of embedded profiler framework.

After updating to latest version 3.1 I’m getting the same error but commenting out the line with

s_SamplingProfilerTimer.Init.RepetitionCounter = 0;

doesn’t solve a problem, the compiler now says this:

1>ProfilerDriver_STM32_HAL.cpp
    1>C:\Users\WAVIOT~1\AppData\Local\Temp\cc81gx2V.s: Assembler messages:
    1>C:\Users\WAVIOT~1\AppData\Local\Temp\cc81gx2V.s(343): error : immediate value out of range

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for confirming your license status. It looks like you are using an STM32 device/firmware version that was not tested with our profiler framework. Please let us know your MCU type and any settings you explicitly specify in the wizard when creating the project, and we should be able to reproduce and fix the problem.

Gordon01
    Participant

The device is STM32L071KB.

All settings in the wizard are defaults.

support
    Keymaster

Thanks for getting back to us. We have released an update to the profiler framework resolving the issue. Please update it via Tools->VisualGDB->Manage VisualGDB Packages.

Gordon01
    Participant

Everything is working now, thank you for the support!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.