Enabling Reset Device After Programming wipes flash

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Enabling Reset Device After Programming wipes flash

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    curtis.hendrix
    Participant

I’m trying to track down an unrelated problem on an MKV31F256, and I checked the “Reset device After programming” option under VisualGDB Project Properties->Debug setting.

Now when I start a debugging session, the program is written to flash and is then immediately erased.  It only happens when the “After programming” option is selected.  I’m watching flash with Segger’s J-Mem app set to refresh every 100msecs.  I can see the program get written to flash when I start a debugging session and then flash is immediately erase.

Is this supposed to happen?  I would expect the “Reset device” device setting would be to reset the CPU, not reset the whole micro to factory defaults.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    curtis.hendrix
    Participant

I think I just answered my own question.  Well, more like found a workaround.

The J-Link was originally configured for the “allow security” option.  I changed that to the normal MKV31F256xxx under “Debugged device” and now it looks like everything is working.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.