Embedded debugging workflow

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Embedded debugging workflow

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ondrudav
    Participant

Hi

Is it possible to reduce the amount of forced windows that pop up during debugging?

‘Visual GDB’ is always brought to foreground at the start of debugging. And ‘Inline GDB Stub Output’ is opened after stepping for the first time.

Either i have to waste space putting them somewhere on the screen where they won’t cover anything, or go switching windows each time I start debugging or step from a breakpoint.

This is especially annoying with quick debug sessions.

Also at the end of debugging ‘Visual GDB Remote Console’ pops up with “error during read: Bad file descriptor dropped ‘telnet’ connection (error -400), which i assume is not intended, but has to be minimized only after the first debug session. If it helps I am debugging STM32 targets using ST-LINK v2 in SWO mode.

Thanks for any feedback!

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Most of the additional windows shown by VisualGDB are displayed in the background. I.e. you simply open other windows over them and do not close them, the window layout next time you start a debug session will be exactly as you configured it.

You can disable the “inline GDB output window” completely via Tools->Options->VisualGDB->Common->Debug->Ignore Inline GDB Stub Output.

ondrudav
    Participant

Thank you! In that menu i also found options to not activate the ‘Visual GDB’ session window and disable the ‘no register groups’ warning.

This level of configurability is always appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.