Dynamic analysis VisualGDB crash

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Dynamic analysis VisualGDB crash

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  support 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mmilo
    Participant

Whenever I enable “Dynamic Analysis” -> “Real-time watch & trace” -> “Allow tracing various RTOS events in Real-time watch”, VisualGDB crashes with:

“Debugging failed” (see attached screenshot for details)
    “taskTaskControlBlock does not contain a member called pcTaskName”

I have a “standalone” project on the IMXRT1052. Embedded Frameworks is enabled, and works fine for semihosting. It’s a freeRTOS based project.

Reproduction:

1. Create new imxrt10xx project
    2. import newest SDK
    3. select any freeRTOS example
    4. This won’t build as default – so convert to standalone project
    5. Import all the freertos objects
    6. add embedded framework
    7. enable dynamic analysis
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, it looks like VisualGDB doesn’t support the FreeRTOS version you are using, but it should be very easy for us to resolve. Could you please share a link/attach the exact SDK you are using so that we could ensure we are looking at the same thing?

mmilo
    Participant

I’m using the newest SDK: 2.6.1, it contains the FreeRTOS Kernel v10.1.1 (Amazon FreeRTOS). It’s impossible to link to the SDK, you have to generate it and get a personal download from nxp’s website. I’ve attached a cut-down version of the FreeRTOS part of the SDK to make it fit the 0.5MB limit.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

support
    Keymaster

No problem, we have rechecked the latest generated SDK and fixed both the build issue and the field offset detection problem.

Please try this build: VisualGDB-5.5.1.3252.msi

Please note that you would need to re-import the KSDK from the VisualGDB wizard in order to fix the FreeRTOS-related build errors.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.