Dynamic analysis VisualGDB crash

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Dynamic analysis VisualGDB crash

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mmilo
    Participant

Whenever I enable “Dynamic Analysis” -> “Real-time watch & trace” -> “Allow tracing various RTOS events in Real-time watch”, VisualGDB crashes with:

“Debugging failed” (see attached screenshot for details)
    “taskTaskControlBlock does not contain a member called pcTaskName”

I have a “standalone” project on the IMXRT1052. Embedded Frameworks is enabled, and works fine for semihosting. It’s a freeRTOS based project.

Reproduction:

1. Create new imxrt10xx project
    2. import newest SDK
    3. select any freeRTOS example
    4. This won’t build as default – so convert to standalone project
    5. Import all the freertos objects
    6. add embedded framework
    7. enable dynamic analysis
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, it looks like VisualGDB doesn’t support the FreeRTOS version you are using, but it should be very easy for us to resolve. Could you please share a link/attach the exact SDK you are using so that we could ensure we are looking at the same thing?

mmilo
    Participant

I’m using the newest SDK: 2.6.1, it contains the FreeRTOS Kernel v10.1.1 (Amazon FreeRTOS). It’s impossible to link to the SDK, you have to generate it and get a personal download from nxp’s website. I’ve attached a cut-down version of the FreeRTOS part of the SDK to make it fit the 0.5MB limit.

Attachments:
    support
    Keymaster

No problem, we have rechecked the latest generated SDK and fixed both the build issue and the field offset detection problem.

Please try this build: VisualGDB-5.5.1.3252.msi

Please note that you would need to re-import the KSDK from the VisualGDB wizard in order to fix the FreeRTOS-related build errors.

VladT
    Participant

the problem is the same….

I use STM32 and STM32CubeMX

Attachments:
    VladT
    Participant

after installation VisualGDB-5.5.1.3252.msi everything returned to normal…

Is this the latest version? or is there more fresh?

support
    Keymaster

Please try installing VisualGDB 5.5 Preview 7 from our download page instead. It should include the latest updates.

It the problem persists, please let us know and we will investigate it further.

elivoe
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I had exactly the same problem with my Infineon XMC4500. After installing the new Version of VisualGDB the error is replaced by a new one:

VisualGDB version: 5.5.7.3666
    —————— System.Exception ——————
    System.Exception: Could not find the following symbol in <Project>:
    SysprogsRTOSHooks_FreeRTOS_vTaskSwitchContext

Please ensure that your project references the profiler framework, calls the InitializeInstrumentingProfiler() function and is built with the USE_FREERTOS preprocessor macro.
    at zg1.h(String d, String e, i c, String b, n a, f f)
    at xj..ctor(String c, EmbeddedDynamicAnalysisSettings a, String f, qr g, i h, j d, EmbeddedRTOSProfile b, Dictionary`2 e)
    at vs1.i(Boolean a)
    at vs1.g_2(DebugCustomizationSettings b, Boolean a)
    at o41.p2()
    at x8.e2()
    at VisualGDB.GDBDebugEngine.w1(rz1 a, m1 b)
    trace=[zg1.h:628, xj..ctor:1475, vs1.i:2275, vs1.g_2:24, o41.p2:36, x8.e2:22, VisualGDB.GDBDebugEngine.w1:58]

It would be great if you could help me!

Yours,

Elias

support
    Keymaster

No problem, we can help you.

This error happens when you build a FreeRTOS-based project without referencing the semihosting/profiler framework, or without defining that USE_FREERTOS macro.

If the framework is referenced and the macro is defined, please double-check that the ProfilerFreeRTOSHooks.h file is added to the project as a forced include (referencing the profiler framework should do it manually).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.