DVD mount as CD

Sysprogs forums Forums WinCDEmu DVD mount as CD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

my DVD ISOs are mounting as CDs causing some confusion amongst my apps. is there any way to force the iso to mount as a DVD?

support
    Keymaster

WinCDEmu does not explicitly report its drives as CD or DVD. Maybe, your programs expect the virtual drives to handle some specific request codes? Which exact programs are confusing CD and DVD with WinCDEmu?

Anonymous
    Participant

When I mount an ISO DVD the drive shows as a CD so VLC media player, WMP and other programs wont play the DVD directly even though the VIDEO_TS files and such show up as normal and the size is well over CD size.
    This seems to only happen to some of my ISO files however, any thoughts on how to make the mounted ISO show as a playable DVD rather than a pair of TS files?

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous
    Participant

The following programs do not appear to “notice” any of the wincdemu mounted .iso files that I have tried:
    (Yes, these are all legal .iso files I have ripped from DVDs I own…)

IsoPuzzle 1.7
    DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0
    DVDFab 6.0.2.2

All these programs notice .iso files mounted with MagicDisc 2.7

There must be something the wincdemu isn’t reporting back “correctly” when these programs as for a list of DVD drives.

Anonymous
    Participant

And System Information for Windows only shows the mounted .iso as a CD Drive (not DVD) and when you show the properties of the device it doesn’t show the “DVD Region” tab like a normal DVD drive…

support
    Keymaster

DVD disks with DVD movies include additional protection stuff, that is not emulated by WinCDEmu. That’s why some programs see the drives as CD.WinCDEmu is not targeted to be a protection emulation software, it is a quick and simple image mounter, not more.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.