Doesn't work

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Doesn't work

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  support 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #29218

    Gast
    Participant

    Not having any success with VisualGDB debugging with any hardware debugger (St-link v2, v2.1 throwing error, j-link) .

    For instance, using J-Link the test is ok

    but on Debug I get this error:

    Your VisualGDB trial expires in 14 days!

    h:\GNU Tools ARM Embedded\5.3 2016q1\bin\arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe –interpreter mi “M:\Arduino_Sketchbook\Blink\Blink.ino”
    No executable file specified.
    Use the “file” or “exec-file” command.
    All created breakpoints are pending. VisualGDB will stop at the entry point.

    Any suggestion how to fix?

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #29220

    support
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    This looks like something is seriously wrong with the debug settings. Please try re-creating the project from scratch by following one of our tutorials.

    If it still doesn’t work, please share the screenshots of all the wizard steps you follow and any settings you change (per our problem reporting guidelines) and we will point out the step that is most likely to cause it.

    #29222

    Gast
    Participant

    I managed to debug a project created with help of the wizard and was able to watch the port registers after some work to find the definitions!

    No wizard to insert the definitions  automatically?

    Is there a way to watch the output from a print statement? (SWO?)

     

     

    #29236

    Gast
    Participant

    Strange experience:

    After a lot of fiddling around with VsStudio and also Vmicro, no sketch could be run anymore with VsGDB.

    Even new sketches generated by the “New Arduino VsGDB” wizard worked. When running there were different kinds of errors like “could not connect to GDB server or “Could not read memory” or similar.

    However, by clicking here and there I found that by right clicking on the “Generic STM32…” tab, “Remove from Project” a message appeared that header files were removed.

    Afterwards the sketch could be debugged as normal.

    Is there any suggestion what goes wrong when creating the new project?

     

     

    • This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  Gast.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #29247

    support
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Most likely, you have selected an incompatible combination of settings at some point. Unfortunately, it’s hard to suggest anything specific without knowing the exact setting you changed that started triggering the issue.

    Hence, our best advice would be to reset Arduino Settings, delete all Arduino packages and create the project from scratch. You can find more details in our recently updated Arduino documentation.

    If you believe that editing a specific settings has unintended consequences, please share the steps we could follow to reproduce the problem on our side (see our problem reporting guidelines) and we will try to investigate it further.

    You can also find more information on observing the project output on the following documentation page: https://visualgdb.com/documentation/projects/arduino/#output

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.