Disable ARM Semi Hosting

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Disable ARM Semi Hosting

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    sidprice
    Participant

Thanks, I forget that many options may be set in the MS Build Properties dialog.

I have my custom linker script installed and now I am getting a linker error that I do not understand. Any pointers would be much appreciated. I have attached the verbose output log.

Sid

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    sidprice
    Participant

I have got my base project to compiler and link. I had to add one more linker option “-nostartfiles”, this fixed the above error.

Now I will proceed to create a template from this project and then rebuild my real project using that template.

Regards,

Sid

sidprice
    Participant

I have created my custom template and now I have a couple of questions about the project generated by the new project wizard when using it.

First, there are three files that I would like to be included in the template; first is the libOpenCM3 library that is required by all projects created using this template.

Then there two linker scripts, the main one includes the second one.

These files need to be in specific folders of the project hierarchy.

I know we have had a conversation about these additional files in templates in the past, however I do not remember the solution to this requirement.

Plus there is one more issue. When a project is generated from my template the new project always has a startup file added to it. THere is no startup file in the template because that code comes by default from the libOpenCM3 library.

Hoping you can help,

Sid

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by sidprice.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, we have managed to find the previous topic you created about linker scripts: https://sysprogs.com/w/forums/topic/custom-template-exception/. If you have any further questions, feel free to post in any of the topics and we will be happy to answer them.

Regarding the startup file, do you mean the system init file, or the startup file with vectors and libc initialization?

sidprice
    Participant

The startup file is the one with startup code and vectors.

Sid

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying it. Normally it should be equivalent to the one VisualGDB provides (the vector names are taken from the ST examples and should match the other components), so it should be OK to use the one from VisualGDB. If you believe the startup files are different, please let us know and we will try to suggest a workaround.

sidprice
    Participant

As I mentioned earlier, the startup code and vectors are supplied by the libOpenCM3 library and so no startup file is required in the project source tree.

Sid

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, we have added an option to remove the default startup file from the project. Please update your BSP via VisualGDB Package Manager and use the new option on the first page of the VisualGDB Project Properties.

sidprice
    Participant

Many thanks, I will give that a try later,

Sid

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.