Delayed Resets

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Delayed Resets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sodaant
    Participant

I’m using the latest VisualGDB (downloaded and installed yesterday) with VS2015 to debug some motor control code on an STM32F401. When stopped at a breakpoint in my code, I click on the “reset” icon expecting the debugger to reset the target followed by hitting a breakpoint at the beginning of main().

The reset doesn’t happen immediately… When I click on the reset icon my code resumes running for about half a second before the MCU gets reset. It’s easy to tell this is happening because the motor starts running and continues to run for this half-second period. This is very disconcerting. I would expect the CPU to be reset immediately and not left to run for so long before the reset is actually issued.

Is there a configuration option I need to set to ensure target CPU resets happen immediately?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The reset button would normally issue a reset command to the device, but if it was stopped in a debugger before, it would not take effect until the debug session is resumed by pressing F5.

Please try this build: VisualGDB-5.5.1.3257.msi

We have added an option that allows resuming the session automatically after issuing a reset: Tools->VisualGDB->Embedded->Other->Resume Target After ManualReset.

Gordon01
    Participant

That’s a nice addition, it should be ON by default)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.