Debugging is slow

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Debugging is slow

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hpetschko
    Participant

Hi there,

I am using a virtual device for debugging, pretty much the one that is created with the AVD Manager’s default settings.
    Starting the virtual device takes quite a long time and stepping through the code (like count++;) takes about 8 seconds per step on my hexacore desktop.
    Is there a way to speed things up without using a real device (as I have read somewhere else) within the VisualGDB context?

Tomorrow my trial will expire (which proves that I am rather slow as well) and this definitely is a criterion!

Thanks

H

ket
    Participant

Hi,

Android virtual devices are inherently slow, we always advise to use real Android devices for most of the development process. That said, there are a few ways to speed up virtual devices.
    Try using Intel HAXM, we have a tutorial on how to set it up. Also the newer Android platform AVDs are slower, i.e. versions 1.x and 2.x are faster than 3.x or 4.x.

As for the trial expiry, you can email our sales team to ask for a trial extension code if you need more time to evaluate VisualGDB.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.