Debugging failed … ‘object reference not set’

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Debugging failed … ‘object reference not set’

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    G40
    Participant

I’m trying to replicate the format of an existing project in VGDB. It was created using the ‘specify flags manually’ option in the New Embedded Project Wizard as per the ‘legacy’ tutorial

it is ultra simple, some A5 startup code in assembler, with a main.cpp. The linker script is set up for execution out of flash (QSPI attached to a Freescale Vybrid VF60). The project compiles and links. It produces valid .elf and .map files. Debugging is set up to use a Segger JLink.

However when I try and debug (or check the dbeug settings in the VGDB project properties) I get this:

There is nothing wrong with the debug chain as another project built using the Wizard targeting an NXP 4357 with the same debugger works absolutely fine. And there is no GDB log. This looks like a C# exception to me …

[edit] Have checked -Debug.vgdbsettings with those in the 4357 project. They are identical except for project names …

Please help, *most* frustrating.

BTW Version 4.2 in VS2012SP3 on WIndows7x64SP1, Segger binary release 4.92

G40
    Participant

Here is the %&**(&(*()* bug. If you configure a project by hand the vgdbsettings file contains an invalid XML attribute (!). See example below on how to correct. This now works. Praise the gods the configurations are not proprietary binary formats …

com.sysprogs.jlink.targetdevice

VF6xx_A5

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We could not reproduce this on our side. Could you please share the entire .vgdbsettings file?

G40
    Participant

If possible, yes. I am away from the machine in question, though I think this can be reproduced quite easily using advanced/manual CPU settings.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We tried copy-pasting the XML fragment you posted into a .vgdbsettings file, but it did not cause any exceptions. If you could reproduce it and share a repro file, we should be able to fix it easily.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.