Debug OpenOCD with VisualGDB

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Debug OpenOCD with VisualGDB

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jh
    Participant

Hi,

I want to add new target devices to OpenOCD with VisualGDB in VS2015 on Win10. PC with VS2015 is offline, so I download VisualGDB-5.5r5 on another PC with internet connection and install it on target PC. When I tried to open OpenOCD project, there was message for missing mingw32, so I downloaded it and after installation, I see that is present inside VisualGDB package page.

I tried to open OpenOCD, but now there was message about missing cmake. I downloaded cmake-3.21.3-windows-i386.msi, but after installation there was still message about missing cmake. I mised “with sysprog extension”, so I found somewhere the right one (with sysprog extension) cmake-3.20.3.2.vgdbxpkg, but unfortunately VisualGDB expecting non *pkg file. Even if I rename file to *bsp, *edp, *efp, there is message about missing xml.

Can you provide me right link for downloading cmake with sysprog extension file that that can be loaded offline as package file from VisualGDB GUI.

Thanks

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, we have updated our package list page to show auxiliary packages, such as CMake. You can install the downloaded package files via Tools->VisualGDB->Manage VisualGDB Packages.

jh
    Participant

Hi,

As I already wrote in the first post, VisualGDB only allow *bsp, *edp, *efp and *tfp files to be loaded, not *pkg. I don’t see the way how I can load cmake-3.20.3.2.vgdbxpkg file. You can see it on attached picture. File cmake-3.20.3.2.vgdbxpkg is in this directory.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by jh.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry about the confusion. Please consider updating to VisualGDB 5.6 Beta 5. It supports installing the .vgdbpkg files directly from the Package Manager.

jh
    Participant

Hi,

I installed VisualGDB 5.6 Beta 5 that can open *pkg files, but unfortunately there is some other problem, and package installing failed at the end.

Attachments:
    jh
    Participant

Attachments:
    support
    Keymaster

Sorry about that. We have double-checked everything and confirmed that the download page was listing auxiliary packages in the backward-compatible format that indeed would not install via VisualGDB Package Manager (it would work just fine for other package types). We have updated the page to link to the advanced packages that will work just fine. Please try downloading and installing CMake again using the updated link.

jh
    Participant

Hi,

I downloaded cmake-3.20.3.2-xz.vgdbxpkg file and installation failed, somewhere about 80% progress bar without any pop up message. After this cmake is not present in installed packages list. BTW I am using VS Comunity 2015 update 3 on Win 21H1.

Is it possible to distribute cmake with sysprog extension like exe file that can be installed like any other win app, and later to have it visible inside VisualGDB installed packages list.

support
    Keymaster

Strange. Do you mind sharing a screenshot of your Help->About VisualGDB window so that we could see what is going on?

jh
    Participant

Hi,

I am using last beta version.

Attachments:
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have just rechecked the package and it worked just fine. Please make sure your antivirus is not interfering with the package installation, and that your VisualGDB installation, or the package file is not corrupt.

jh
    Participant

Hi,

No, I don’t have antivirus installed, and package is not corrupted because I can unpack it with 7-zip without errors.

I was expecting that at the end of installation will be some pop-up about success, and after that cmake will appear on package list. So I was thinking that something goes wrong. But I guess that everything is fine, because I can build OpenOCD now without errors.

Thank you for your help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.