Debug nrf51 with VisualGDB and st-link clone

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Debug nrf51 with VisualGDB and st-link clone

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    joaire
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m trying to debug cheap chinese fitness band with VisualGDB. Nordic device is NRF51802, SDK 12, VisualGDB is 5.4 R12, VS2019, ST-link v2 chinese clone. I successfully compiled some examples from Nordic SDK and now I want to get printf or similar debug output working. But still no luck. With default project settings (“Implementations of _sbrk() – Minimal (no semihosting)”) any call to printf has no effect (obviuosly), with “Support semihosting” I can see printf output in ARM Semihosting Console, but any call to printf after softdevice initialization crashes softdevice (softdevice_fault_handler called), and with “Fast semihosting” there is again no output at all. Is there a way to get it working or I need JLink debugging adapter?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s hard to say why printf() would not work on a specific device. If you could reproduce the problem with the latest VisualGDB (v5.5), toolchain and the SDK on one of the officially supported Nordic development boards, we should be able to fix it. Otherwise, please consider contacting the device vendor for further help.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.