Debug failed for CppUTest in Linux

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Debug failed for CppUTest in Linux

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    viordash
    Participant

Hi!

VisualGDB 5.5R5 (build 4124) + Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.10.4

I get the error “The test host process did not send the test run details” when I try to debug test.

STR:

• Linux Project Wizard
    • Create new project “Unit Test”
    • select Build using GNU Make
    • select Build the project under Linux over network
    • rebuild
    • run debug any test in Test Explorer window

When I just run the tests everything works fine.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by viordash.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by viordash.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    viordash
    Participant

updates!
    With msbuild type project the error still exists.
    Normal debugging (Start debugging from menu) works fine.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like you are using an older version of Visual Studio and VisualGDB.

Please try updating to Visual Studio 16.11.1+ and VisualGDB 5.6 Beta 4.

viordash
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve updated both, VisualGDB 5.6 (Beta 4 build 4305, taken from https://sysprogs.com/w/forums/topic/intellisense-issue-in-visualgdb-5-6-beta4/) + Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.11.1

But the error is still present

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by viordash.
    support
    Keymaster

If you are using the latest VisualGDB version, something is likely interfering with the VisualGDB internals. Please make sure you use an unmodified VisualGDB installation. If the problem persists, please try installing it on a different computer.

viordash
    Participant

Found some dependency on the presence of CustomTargetProviders (TelnetTarget) in the project, even if this provider is not currently used (deploy and debug occurs via ssh on main build machine). If the solution is reopened and the debug test is performed first only for the project with ssh, then debugging works

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This could explain it. If the custom target provider would cause the test host process to crash unexpectedly, VisualGDB would indeed display this message.

Our best advice would be to try attaching to the TestHost.exe executable and checking for exceptions. You can also try showing a message box with the current PID from the constructor of your target provider to make attaching easier.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.