Deactivate FastSemihosting in ReleaseBuild

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Deactivate FastSemihosting in ReleaseBuild

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SR
    Participant

Hi, I’m using the Embedded Framework for “Fast Semihosting and Embedded Profiler” for our Project.

While debugging this is very handy, but I want do deactivate Fast Semihosting for our release builds.

So I opened the VisualGDB Project Properties and deactivated the Framework in the release configuration, what also deactivated it for the debug configuration.

It seems as the Embedded Framework are per project and not per configuration.

Is there any way, I can deactivate a Framework for a single configuration, or at least make sure, that the Fast Semihosting doesn’t interfere with normal operation, when no debugger is attached?

Thanks in advance

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

The VisualGDB frameworks indeed affect the entire project, not just separate configurations (this comes from the VS project semantics). That said, the latest semihosting/profiler framework can automatically detect whether the debugger is attached to the microcontroller (if you are using the Cortex M devices) and disable the semihosting functionality if no debugger is present. See the “hen running without debugger” setting on the Embedded Frameworks page for details.

If this doesn’t help, please let us know what you are trying to achieve and we will suggest a better way.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.