Custom BootLoader and ESPImageTool

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Custom BootLoader and ESPImageTool

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jhinkle
    Participant

I’ve been using VisualGDB for a couple of years for the ESP8266 – stand alone mode. I use ESPImageTool to extract two bin files from the compiler’s bin file so I can flash them external to your program.

I now want to use a custom BootLoader I’ve written. I have a custom FOTA that I wish to implement.

I don’t use your tools to actually perform the flashing operations – I have my own.

I would really like your tool to make elf files available which I could then produce my own bin files — but I can’t find a way to do that.

I need to compile my bootloader and load it at address zero. Will your ESPImageTool allow me to do that without trying to force the standard bootloader image?

Thanks.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like your support period has expired. In order to keep on receiving technical support, please renew your license.

jhinkle
    Participant

I was not aware the forum was only for those with current paid support.

So, by your answer, I take it once my paid support expires, I out in the cold with no chance of asking a question from anyone and possibly getting an answer?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

No problem, the topic will remain open and if any other user would like to volunteer and look into this, we obviously won’t stop them. We just wanted to post a quick update that we won’t be able to investigate this under our usual support terms unless you extend your support period. Sorry if we caused any confusion.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.