"Ctrl+mouseclick"feature is not working for VS2019 when using VisualGDB projects

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB "Ctrl+mouseclick"feature is not working for VS2019 when using VisualGDB projects

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chdobiat
    Participant

Hello,

I am running VS2019 and installed VisualGDB 5.4.

VS2019 supports now a “Go to Definition”-feature by Ctrl+mouseclick. In VisualGDB projects, this feature it not working at all. If I press Ctrl+mouseclick nothign happens. Is there a way to get this working?

In other project (C# or C++) its working as expected. In VS2017 I used the “Ctrl+click” extension but is not yet available for VS2019.

Kind regards,

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, please ensure you are using the latest VisualGDB 5.4R11. This Ctrl-Click support was added to VisualGDB’s Clang IntelliSense fairly recently and older builds of VisualGDB don’t support it.

chdobiat
    Participant

Thanks for your reply! I updated to VisualGDB 5.4R11 but its still not working. Do I have to do something else? The option under Tools->Options->Text Editor->Settings “Enable mouse click to perform Go to Definition” is on.

Kind regards!

support
    Keymaster

Installing VisualGDB 5.4R11 should normally be sufficient, so the problem is likely caused by something else. Would you be able to create a short video showing the problem (from creating a project via the wizard to having no Ctrl-Click functionality available)? Alternatively, please describe the exact steps to reproduce it (including every choice you make in the wizard and the screenshots of the VS window with the editor where Ctrl-Click is not working).

chdobiat
    Participant

Well, we got a big project and I can not describe the exact steps we did during the project creation. But if I create a new project the feature is working as expected. Looks like something else in our project is suppressing it.

support
    Keymaster

Sorry, unfortunately it’s hard so suggest anything specific without knowing the exact steps to reproduce it, as there are too many factors that could be causing this.

Our best advice would be to try creating a similar project from scratch (same type, same toolchain, etc), and try comparing the behavior between them. E.g. add the same “hello, world” source file to both test project and the big project and if it behaves differently, try reducing the big project until it matches the small one (e.g. by removing files and settings from it). Once you pinpoint a specific setting that causes the problem, we should be able to suggest a workaround, or provide you with a hotfix.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.