Cross Compiling with QT/Visual Studio

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Cross Compiling with QT/Visual Studio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    emilygrau
    Participant

Hi, I have been trying to solve this problem for about a week and I’ve exhausted just as many internet resources as I can handle.

I am trying to create a GUI using QT 5 in Visual Studio and cross compile to my BeagleBone Black that runs the latest lxqt debian image.   I have followed this tutorial: http://visualgdb.com/w/tutorials/cross-compiling-qt5-projects-for-beaglebone-debian/

and when I try to build, the project fails.

I’m rather new to Visual Studio, does anyone have a solution?

1>—— Build started: Project: QTtest, Configuration: Debug Win32 ——
    1>Updating C:\projects\QTtest\QTtest.pro
    1>VisualGDB: Updated source file list in C:\projects\QTtest\QTtest.pro. Enable verbose mode for more details.
    1>VisualGDB: Run “C:\SysGCC\Beaglebone\arm-linux-gnueabihf\sysroot\usr\local\qt5\bin\qmake.exe  QTtest.pro CONFIGNAME=Debug” in directory “C:\projects\QTtest” on local computer
    1>VisualGDB: Run “cmd.exe /c “C:\SysGCC\Beaglebone\bin\make.exe”” in directory “C:\projects\QTtest” on local computer
    1>C:\SysGCC\Beaglebone\arm-linux-gnueabihf\sysroot\usr\local\qt5\bin\uic.exe MainWindow.ui -o Debug\ui_MainWindow.h
    1>make: *** [Debug\ui_MainWindow.h] Error -1073741515

1>————————————————————-
    1>Command exited with code 2
    1>Executable: cmd.exe
    1>Arguments: /c “C:\SysGCC\Beaglebone\bin\make.exe”
    1>Directory: C:\projects\QTtest
    1>VisualGDB : error : Command-line action failed
    1>EXEC : error : Build has failed. See the Output window for more details.
    1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3073: The command “”C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\VisualGDB.exe” /build “C:\projects\QTtest\QTtest.vcxproj” “/solution:C:\projects\QTtest\QTtest.sln” “/config:Debug” “/platform:Win32″” exited with code 1.
    1>Done building project “QTtest.vcxproj” — FAILED.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like your toolchain might be missing some libraries. Please try running C:\SysGCC\Beaglebone\arm-linux-gnueabihf\sysroot\usr\local\qt5\bin\uic.exe manually. Does it run successfully, or does it report that some DLL files are missing?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.