Create release configuration VisualGDB project already exist

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Create release configuration VisualGDB project already exist

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DUrbano
    Participant

Hi,

I am an Italian electronic engineer and I use for my job Visual GDB since many time; since now I realized projects in DEBUG configuration and I’d like to know how realize a copy of an existing project (made in DEBUG mode) in RELEASE configuration.  Is it possible or I have to create a brande new project in the new configuration ? Please, could anyone help me ?

Kind regards

DUrbano

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Normally all you need to do is switch the active configuration from Debug to Release in Visual Studio. Unless you have explicitly deleted the release configuration, it should be already present.

The VS configuration selector is typically found on the toolbar near the undo/redo buttons. If you are not sure, please attach a screenshot of your VS window and we will help you find it.

DUrbano
    Participant

OK, but my problem is this: I created a new project in a my personal configuration, copying from DEBUG config all the settings and adding new ones. Now from my “debug” configuration I’d like to pass to a new “release” configuration. How can I do ?

Regards

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

OK, thanks for clarifying this. The exact steps depend on your project type. Are you using MSBuild, GNU Make, QMake or CMake?

DUrbano
    Participant

I’m using an MSBuild project type…thanks for all

regards

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying this. For MSBuild projects you can use the regular Visual Studio property pages to configure various compiler/linker options. The easiest way to transfer them to the Release configuration would be as follows:

1. Open VS project properties for the Debug Configuration.
    2. Locate the relevant setting and copy it to Clipboard.
    3. Switch the “Configuration” view in the Properties window to “Release”.
    4. Paste the setting value from the Clipboard.

BTW, you can switch the VS property window to “All Configurations” mode to simultaneously edit properties for both Debug and Release configurations.

DUrbano
    Participant

Ok…it’s all clear…thanks for your support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.