Configure STM32 boards without using STM32CubeMX??

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Configure STM32 boards without using STM32CubeMX??

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Southbranch
    Participant

Hi!

In my (agile-;) prototyping, I am in the need to try out various GPIOs, USARTs, I2Cs configurations in order to test out capabilities. Q: Is there a way to do this entirely WITHIN VisualGDB and thus shortcutting the need for using the STM32CubeMX when it comes to importing code? Alternatively create a new project with some sort of default configuration? If not, it would mean to re-configure the board in STM32CubeMX and then import the project into VisualGDB again-and-again after every change in an re-configuration, right? Thanks in advance

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by support. Reason: formatting
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure, you can sue the regular Embedded Project Wizard to either create a basic “LEDBlink” project, or to clone one of the STM32CubeMX samples. This requires the regular Embedded Project Wizard (not the STM32CubeMX Project Wizard) and does not involve any external tools.

You can find more details in the following tutorial: https://visualgdb.com/tutorials/arm/stm32/

Southbranch
    Participant

Thanks!

Then, I found exactly what I was looking for here: STM32 Peripherals – VisualGDB Tutorials

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.