Command line options are lost when resolving project load issues

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Command line options are lost when resolving project load issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am using VisualGDB Version 5.6R9 (build 4777) in Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019
    Version 16.11.22. My projects are created using StmCube and we import the gpdsc file created by cube.

On our projects, we have floating point for printf disabled in our bootloader but we have it enabled in our application builds. I achieve this by adding in the option “-u _print_float” into the linker->CommandLine->AdditionalOptions.

The problem I am having occurs when I am presented with the “Resolve Project Load Issues” (attached) screen when i am opening the visual studio solution.  When i click on the “Resolve” button, the project is updated as expected BUT my “-u _print_float” option has been removed from the linker options.

Is this a known bug?

Has it been fixed in later versions of VisualGDB?

Are there any known work arounds for this?

Thanks

Regards

Stuart

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

We can gladly investigate and fix it for you, however it looks like your support period has expired a while ago. We would kindly ask you to renew your key here and try out the latest version. If the problem persists, please let us know, and we should be able to fix it within 2-3 business days.

Hello Support,

I have had our support renewed and I have upgraded VisualGDB to version 5.6R9(build 4777). I can confirm that this problem is still occuring and i can confirm that is is occuring in both VS2019 and VS2022.

Can you please investigate?

Thanks

Regards

Stuart

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for renewing your license. We have investigated and fixed the issue. Please try this build: VisualGDB-5.6.109.4849.msi

Thankyou, that fixed it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.