code no longer compiles after HAL update by visualGDB

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB code no longer compiles after HAL update by visualGDB

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    samuel
    Participant

Hello,

I have a project using the STM32F4 and I’m using visualGDB which I’m very happy with.

However, recently, visualGDB showed a popup to update the STM HAL libraries.
    Ever since the update, I am unable to compile my code giving the following error:

C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Local\VisualGDB\EmbeddedBSPs\arm-eabi\com.sysprogs.arm.stm32\STM32F4xxxx\STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver\Inc\stm32f4xx_hal_rcc.h(1297,36): error : ‘LSE_STARTUP_TIMEOUT’ undeclared (first use in this function)

It seems to me that the HAL library was not updated correctly. Is there a way to see what the visualGDB update changed, or how to revert this? Also, does there exist some (github) repository with different versions of the HAL library that you know of?

Thank you,

Samuel

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This happens because the latest SDK from ST expects your projects to define this variable in the HAL configuration file (e.g. stm32f4xx_hal_conf.h). As the file is a part of your project and may have been modified, VisualGDB does not update it automatically. The easiest solution would be to simply create a new project using the new BSP and copy the default LSE_STARTUP_TIMEOUT definition from it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.