CMake embedded project build problem

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB CMake embedded project build problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    oto313
    Participant

Hello,

I have a problem with building CMake embedded project sometime. VisualGDB does not reflect changes in “CMake project settings” or even do not pass arguments to the invocation of CMake. It does not pass even toolchain file.

Even when I change in CMake path to invalid it does somehow remember old path and invokes the right exe.

Thanks for response

oto313
    Participant

When i change settings and build it works fine and pass right arguments, but when i click on rebuild it does not work.

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

This might be caused by CMake itself caching some old settings. In that case doing a full rebuild should help.

If it doesn’t, please provide the exact steps to reproduce it and we should be able to fix it promptly.

oto313
    Participant

Hello,

that does not help. every time I did rebuild it does not pass flags from toolchain. When I run CMake for the second time it works. I even tried to a fresh import of CMake project and it does not help either. I realized that it is not VisualGDB fault and added “CACHE STRING “” FORCE” arguments to SET calls in toolchain file and now it works fine.
    <div>
    <div></div>
    <div>thanks</div>
    </div>

oto313
    Participant

I found one problem with importing CMake project. When you are filling in “Import CMake Project” field “Directory with CMakeLists.txt” the dialog allows only choose files CMakeLists.txt, not the whole folder. Then when you try to finish importing it fails when you choose some CMakeLists.txt. So you must fill path manually not via dialog.

Version of VisualGDB: 5.4 Preview 3, build 2193

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. We have fixed it internally and will include it in the upcoming Preview 4.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.