CI/CD CMD line issue

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB CI/CD CMD line issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Markg
    Participant

Hello All,

We are setting up our CI/CD system. Im currently creating an example project to use and demonstrate, but now i’m having a small issue.

Using the command line im building our project. This is the command:

D:\git_repo\cicd_test_project\CICD_Test>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\VisualGDB.exe" /build "CICD_Test.vcxproj" "CICD_Test.sln" "/config:Debug" "/platform:Win32" VISUALGDB_VERBOSE_OUTPUT=1

The .bin and .ihex are created correctly. But at the bottom im getting a error:

------------------- Memory utilization report -------------------
    Used FLASH: 3128 bytes out of 256KB (1%)
    Used RAM: 52 bytes out of 31KB (0%)
    VisualGDB: Warning: Project/solution/configuration not specified in command line. Your Makefiles will not be auto-updated. Please go to VisualGDBProject Properties and click 'repair command lines'.
    VisualGDB: Warning: No configuration specified, defaulting to 'Debug'. Use '/config:<name>' to override.
    Build/launch failed: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 2, position 1.

As far as I know the verbose output is the same as when I do a build via visual studio. Do you guys have any ideas?

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

Looks like you have skipped the “/solution:” prefix before the solution file. Please double-check the command line shown when building the project in Visual Studio and ensure it 100% matches the command line in the CI setup.

Markg
    Participant

Thx for the info, I indeed forgot the solution part 🙂

THis commands works:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sysprogs\VisualGDB\VisualGDB.exe" /clean CICD_Test.vcxproj /solution:CICD_Test.sln /config:Debug /platform:Win32

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.