Changing target version of driver?

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualDDK/VirtualKD discussion Changing target version of driver?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

When you originally create a visualddk proj you have to select the target plateform (win7, vista, xp, 2003…so on). Then once in visual studio it would seem that you can compile the x86 and x64 version of your driver for the target plateform you selected.

Can you change the target plateform from within visual studio without having to create a new project?

Example:
    I create a legacy driver with the visualddk project and select the vista plateform.
    Now I want to take that same driver and compile it for Windows 7. Where can I set this in visual studio?
    Or do i have to make a new project, select win7 and copy all the code from my vista project to my win7 project?

Hope this is clear.

support
    Keymaster

In the current version you need to create a new project for that (if you are using the BUILD system, you can change the command lines in project settings). In the future versions it will be possible to select multiple target OSes when creating the project.

Anonymous
    Participant

thanks for the reply. I will look forward to future versions. Great tool.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.