Change path of PICO SDK

Sysprogs forums Forums VisualGDB Change path of PICO SDK

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Reneg973
    Participant

When installing the PICO SDK, it is automatically cloned to %APPDATA%/Local/VisualGDB/PicoSDK/…

Now when compiling I get the following error: “…/pico.h; No such file or directory”. I can locate the header there. So I assume it appears because my APPDATA path is UNICODE. I would like to move it to a different folder. How can I tell VisualGDB, where the new folder is?

Reneg973
    Participant

I  could  fix it by creating  a  symlink and modifying the file “config_autogen.h” to use the symlink path

support
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can simply move the directory manually and then import it into VisualGDB by clicking “Install Raspberry Pi Pico SDK” in the SDK selector (in the wizard or VisualGDB Project Properties) and pointing VisualGDB to the new location of the SDK.

shabtronic
    Participant

Hey I get the very same problem.

The first time I create a pico project with the wizard, Everything works just fine – I can run and debug it.

The second time I try to run/debug it I get this error:

Severity Description Project File Line
    Error FindFirstFileExA(d/:/thevault/pico/picosdk/1.1.0-package/src/common/pico_stdlib/include/pico): The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. Blink2 D:\TheVault\Pico\MyProjects\Blink2\build\VisualGDB\Debug\ninja 0

and the build log  gives me this:

C:\PROGRA~2\Sysprogs\VISUAL~1/ninja.exe
    ninja: error: FindFirstFileExA(d/:/thevault/pico/picosdk/1.1.0-package/src/common/pico_stdlib/include/pico): The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

————————————————————-
    Command exited with code 1
    Executable: C:\PROGRA~2\Sysprogs\VISUAL~1/ninja.exe
    Arguments:
    Directory: D:\TheVault\Pico\MyProjects\Blink2/build/VisualGDB/Debug
    Command-line action failed

========== Project Build Summary ==========
    Blink2 built in 00:00
    ========== Build: 0 Succeeded, 1 Failed, 0 Skipped ==========

If i switch to release mode for the first time – it compiles and runs fine, the second time tho I get the same issue!

looks like a issue with “d/:/the” part of the file name?

I’ve tried to mess about with ninja files.e.t.c. – but honestly I don’t know what I’m doing

I would be great to be able to get this working – I’d be able to debug stuff 🙂 hahah

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by shabtronic.
    support
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like you are using a toolchain that outputs dependency files in a format incompatible with Ninja. Please try using our latest ARM toolchain instead and it will work out-of-the-box.

shabtronic
    Participant

Hey thanks for your reply!

ok I  will try that.

Yes I pointed at my old arm toolchain – that I setup by hand – so yeah it’s probably in a right old state.

As you suggest, I will use the pico wizard to install your arm toolchain – and see what happens.

Hope it works – because so far visualGDB is superb ( apart from the compile issue).

esp loving the Embedded memory explorer!

[Edit] I tried your toolchain link – and it all works fantastically now – so happy – thank you!

I’ll post back when I get it working!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by shabtronic.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.